Saturday, September 22, 2012

Diary of a Real Pregnancy: Week 21 - Anger Management

Do not get a pregnant lady angry. Sage advice... except that it's very hard to do, because she will be angry no matter what.

I've suddenly lost all ability to handle stress of any kind. Change of plans, stepping on LEGOs, any minor issue will throw me into an angry temper tantrum of yelling, stomping, pulling my hair out. And it's instant: if you don't put the pedal to the metal the second the light turns green it will take everything I have not to lean on the horn. Rest assured I am yelling at you in reference to your intelligence level and physical appearance (even though I can't see you). I am just so... darn... ANGRY.

I think I need one of these for my car (/office / bedroom / shirt), so people will understand, and just get out of my WAY!
Heh - as if I own a rolling pin.

Besides that, this week has me realizing we will have a newborn in the house in just over 4 months, and I'm reeling about that a little. We have a long, long list of things to do, and as I find myself in the 'easiest trimester' I figured now would be a great time to get started. Yeah!

What they don't tell you is when you have a bunch of mouths to feed (and listen to), and a bunch of toilets to clean, and you're old and out of shape, the 'second wind' of the second trimester is a total fallacy. All I really want to do is have a nap! Just as soon as I'm done yelling about how stupid everyone is!

Anyway, good news for all the other drivers on the road -- I do have a plan to manage the stress and anger a little better than I have been. I've dug out my Hypnobirthing book and CD (The Mongan Method) and I will be doing the relaxation exercises. I expect to be all zen in just a few days :) I'll write more about Hypnobirthing in a couple of weeks but I can tell you, it changed my entire outlook last time and even allowed me to have a drug-free, intervention-free birth. Amazing. Bring on the zen!


Previous: Week 20 -Rootin Tootin Cowgirl (and the big reveal!)
Next: Week 22 - Crackerjacking and Other Pregnancy Woes



1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, a pregnant lady do not get anger. It’s really harmful for her health and also effect on baby.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!