Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My hopes for my daughter

I wish a lot of things for my kids in their life... health, happiness, success. But my biggest, most important wishes are the little things:

For my daughter...

I hope she can look in the mirror every morning, as she did on this morning, and say "I have pretty hair!"


I hope she will always "go for it", and not inherit her mother's reservations, hesitations, and worry.

I hope she keeps dancing like it's her job. 

I hope my daughter never loses her spark. Girls can be so mean, and I just pray that she is resilient and doesn't let some snarky b's squash her tenacity.

I hope she always sings with her arms open and her eyes closed the way she does today.

I hope she keeps doing silly voices, making up silly songs, and making silly faces.

I hope she keeps looking at her brother with all the love and adoration in the world, the way she does now.

Even though I grumble about it at the time, I hope she keeps waking me up with a big smile and a cheery "Mummy!" at the side of my bed, showing me whatever creation she's made while waiting for the rest of us to wake up.

I hope she takes her spunk all the way to the top, of whatever mountain she chooses to climb.

I hope she always knows how full of awesome she is.

I hope she never stops calling me "Mama" when she really needs her Mama.

I hope she keeps telling those around her exactly what she wants and when.

I hope she can find someone to share her life with, who truly appreciates her goofy sense of humour, and can see when she really needs a hug. As I have.

I love you, my spunky, sweet, adorable, awesome-filled girl. I hope you always know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!