Monday, December 12, 2011

I'm baaaaaack!

I was thinking the other day that it would be really nice to revive the old mommy blog, dust it off and start posting again. So, here I am! New look, new site name, new mission: to share my mommy wisdom prowess stuff with the blog world. Okay, the real mission is to share all the kooky things that happen in our house and hope that someone out there has been there too. Maybe get some advice about how to manage a full-time job, commute, two kids in daycare, weekends crammed with errands, a hubby, a cat, a house... Maybe give out some advice of my own. I've got lots of ideas of how the world should be run - if only everyone would listen to me, everything would be perfect!

That said... let me ask you this: what's the ONE piece of advice you would give to a new mom? The one thing you think a woman should know before embarking on her journey into the mommyverse?

My one piece of advice? Find a group of like-minded women with kids around the same age as yours. No matter what happens with your child, what situations arise, here's nothing more comforting than sharing what's happening and having a bunch of other women say "I've been there!" or "I know what you mean!" -- even if you don't get any answers, you know you're not alone. I don't know what I would have done without my "June Moms" (you know who you are) but I would surely be more insane or more drunk on a regular basis.

x

1 comment:

  1. That perfection is a state of mind......go with your gutt and enjoy the ride.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!