Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Noticing when things aren't "right"

Matthew has started to notice when things aren't quite right, are out of place, or missing something. He's taken to saying "Uh ohhhh!" and pointing to whatever he feels isn't right.

On Saturday it was when we were at a community center, coming down the stairs and he looked up and went "UH oh!" and I looked at where he was pointing - it was the ceiling, where the paint was peeling.

Then on Sunday we were shopping for shoes and he was sitting on the padded bench and said "Uh ohhhh!" and I look and it's a rip in the padding and you could see the foam underneath.

He notices all kinds of things like this. He also does this when there's only one thing left of something - a Cheerio, a block that hasn't been added to the tower, a toy left in the tub. I find it both cute and amazing that he notices these things and knows they aren't quite right! :D

Oh and last night it was when he was in the living room playing, and I heard, "Uh ohhh!". He came around the corner with the TV remote in one hand and the battery case backing in the other. Um, yeah uh oh is right!! I guess he won't be playing with that anymore. At least he brought it to me right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!