Tuesday, October 07, 2008

16.5 months

I love this age... 16.5 months. Matthew is doing new things every day... he amazes me with what he learns, how he plays, the things he comes up with, what he knows all of a sudden. He definitely has his moments, and he is starting to resist and isn't as go-along-with-everything agreeable as he used to be (As evidenced by his new favourite saying, "No not!" or "No not that!")... but as long as he has SOME say in what we do, he seems happy enough. I know a lot of people talk about the "hell" that comes around 18 months - the screaming, frustration, acting out, disagreeableness... so for right now, I am enjoying this time :)

This morning I put Matthew in his high chair, and he pointed to his bib and said "bib" and then patted his tummy. I put it on, and he then signed "milk" and pointed to his milk. So I gave it to him, and he was happy. I put the tray on and he put his milk down, and signed "banana" and then said "NANA" (a first!). I said, "Do you want a banana?" and he said "Yes!" all smiles. I love it!

Then when he got down, he wanted his milk again, and when he was done with it he came over to me, patted my leg, and handed me the cup. LOL. I was making his lunch so I said, "Are you all done? Can you go put it in your high chair please?" And he toodles over to his high chair, puts the cup in, and then proceeds to run around in a big circle (the loop: dining room - living room - hallway - kitchen) saying "hichaaaaa... hichaaaaa... hichaaaaa!" lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!