Thursday, January 10, 2008

Long overdue update!

Matthew is now 7.5 months old... can everyone say "WOW"? Insane is what I say!

Well we had a wonderful holiday season, made all the more merry and bright by our little elf. He was such a star and learned very quickly that the things wrapped in pretty paper had something fun inside! Nonna restrained herself quite well and didn't give him all his gifts the first day we got to Nova Scotia.

I think little Matty must have gone through a big growth spurt while we were out east though. He had about 2 weeks of waking during the night to eat, and during the day he would gobble up 4+ bowls of food at each meal (3x a day) and still be crying for more. Plus I am still nursing him - I don't know where he puts it all!! I didn't know what to do, I thought if it continues at this rate we'll have to buy him a bigger high chair! Not to mention the loss of sleep on our part, I really don't know how I survived the first 2 months of his life, seriously.

Thankfully, he seems to be past all that now, he is back to sleeping through the night (7:30 pm to 7:30 am) and having two long naps during the day. Yay!

He's also slowing down in the food department, at least in the amount that he's eating (more like 2 bowls of food). We are trying lots of different foods these days, which is fun, albeit rather messy. I'm not sure why I even put clothes on him, he goes through 2-3 outfits a day :) But he is enjoying feeding himself more and more. For lunch today he had a cereal biscuit, mixed veggies with plain yogurt, and avocado smeared on toast fingers. Fun!

I have a lot of pictures to post since it's been a while, so I'll make a separate post for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!