Monday, December 03, 2007

Getting more mobile!

Matthew is getting more and more mobile these days - I guess it's time to start thinking about baby-proofing!

He can now turn himself in a circle while lying down, and does this quite often in his crib at night - we'll go in to find his feet where his head was. One time I even found him like that but with the blanket over the top half of his body, his legs sticking out the top. I have no idea how he managed that :) He will also scoot around, so I will put him down in one spot and go back to find him a foot away, kicking and smiling like nothing happened...

And now, in addition to rolling front-to-back (to get out of dreaded tummy time), he has also rolled back-to-front, much to his - and my - surprise! I was getting dressed the other day when he woke up, and I could hear him playing in his crib. Suddenly he started crying like he'd hurt himself, so I went in thinking he'd bonked his head on the rails - but no, there he was, lying on his tummy and flailing about. I think it surprised him more than me! When I flipped him over I said, "Wow, how'd you do that??" and he just looked at me with this huge grin that said, "I dunno!!" haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!