Sunday, November 18, 2007

How he sleeps...

Lately Matthew needs his blankie before he'll go to sleep. We have a little routine before naptime, at the end of which I put him in his crib, he grabs his blankie (or I give it to him), and I tuck him in. He will put the blankie right over his head, get his thumb in his mouth (while still holding onto the blankie), and go to sleep. That by itself is incredibly cute...

But today he wasn't quite ready to sleep when I put him down, so instead he played with his toys and moved around the crib a bit before he settled. When he was finally ready to sleep, his blankie was out of reach... so what does he do? Grabs the blanket that I had draped over the side (to block light) pulls that over his head, and off to sleep he goes!

I know... it's not the safest thing to do, but what can I do? He does it himself and it's how he sleeps best... I don't want to mess with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!